Thursday 4 October 2012

Published Layouts Part 1 (of 3)

Hi Bloggers,
Whoop, whoop - My layouts are in Scrapbook Magazine (issue 67 on sale 4th October).
I made 3 layouts for the "Budget Challenge" and I am thrilled with the coverage.

The challenge was to make 3 layouts using only the materials I could buy for £10. I bought a paper pack, ink pad and set of alphabet stamps for a total of £9.78.

I thoroughly enjoyed finding alternative ways to create scallops, flowers and embellishments using household objects - bubble wrap, coins, pastry cutters, plates, dishes and glasses!!

I thought I'd share my first layout - MAGIC KINGDOM - today and then my second and third layouts over the next 2 days.

I cut pocket watches from the patterned paper to create a banner for the title, adding alphabet stamps and ribbon (saved from Christmas crackers).

The folded frame was made from a 9" square of patterned paper and embellished with clock faces (again cut from patterned paper) arranged in a "Mickey head design" to reinforce the Disney theme.

The larger frame was cut from stripe patterned paper. Then narrow brown strips were cut from the stripe paper and wrapped around the frame at an angle.

I made an envelope from a 4 1/4" square of patterned paper, embellished with a Mikey head as before and finished with ribbon.

Other embellishments were made from squares of patterned paper and varying sizes of Mickey heads as before.
Hand written journaling is on a piece of paper inside the envelope and I have used alphabet stamps on strips of paper to add further journaling.

Hope you like it.
I will share layout 2 tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Pam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment