Saturday 27 October 2012

3-D Doily Birthday card

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'd like to share an 8" x 8" card that I made for a 30th birthday.
The main image is a doily from the Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge, but rather than just leaving it as a flat image, I've made it 3-D.
I was inspired by a similar idea some time ago (but now cannot remember where it was!) and have only just had chance to try it - so here it is...

I wanted to use autumnal colours as it's an October birthday and chose browns and red.
I used four shades of brown, some red, white and cream cardstock along with patterened paper.

I used my Gypsy to design the card and, as the Cindy Loo cartridge has separate (layered) images for the deer, squirrel and trees, it was easy to make them 3-D. I cut two doilies, one from very dark brown card and the other from cream. I cut (by hand) the centre from the cream doily to create a frame. The brown one was for the base.

I used gems for the eyes.
 

I used embossing folders to add texture to the trees and then layered them, adding gems as a finishing touch.

I chose swirl, dotty and bark designs of embossing folders.

The font is Cricut Craft Room Basics cut at 1/2"

I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Pam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment