Friday 11 May 2012

Pink Skull Card

Hi Bloggers,
Today I'd like to share a card that I made for my niece's birthday.
I made 2 versions of this card. The first is a "normal" square card.

I cut one of the skull images from the Cricut Indie Art cartridge in hot pink card, then added texture with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.

The "Happy Birthday" greeting is stamped in black ink onto white card with inked edges.

I embossed the background card with another Tim Holtz embossing folder, and inked it slightly with black ink. I also used ink on the doily.

To give my card more of a grungy feel, I added mesh to the background, pulling it apart slightly.

The second version of this design is an "easel" style card.

The letters were cut with my Cricut using the Storybook cartridge.

I adore this skull shape and have used it in all sorts of projects.
Thanks for stopping by.
Pam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment