Tuesday 8 November 2011

Bonfire Night Mini-book

Hi Bloggers.
I have made a mini-book to celebrate the great English tradition of Bonfire Night.
I love the crackling fire, the smell in the air and the crisp chill.
I love making the Guy, the fireworks and warming up by the fire eating pie 'n' peas.
Yes, I think it's safe to say..... I love Bonfire Night.

My mini-book was designed using my Gypsy and has the "Remember, Remember" rhyme running through the pages.

I used a crackle paint technique to make the cover and backgrounds (I was inspired by a recent project by Michelle Jackson-Mogford using this technique).

The book title is cut from yellow and orange card. I used a firework stamp (that I made using some Cricut Cuttables stamping material)  to stamp and emboss a random glittery design on the letters and also to create a pattern within the cracked background.


As Guy Fawkes was to be the one to light the fuse, I thought of using a "matchbox" to journal inside.

All the flames throughout the book are covered in Rock Candy Distress Stickles and I like the way they twinkle. it reminds me of flickering flames.
I made a Guy using one of the scarecrows from the Simply Scarecrows Cricut Cartridge and a hat from Paper Dolls (adding a buckle).
I wanted the edges of the pages to sparkle so I embossed them with a glittery embossing powder.
The firework embellishments were cut using my Cricut and embossed with glittery embossing powder.
There you have it. My Bonfire Night mini-book.
Thanks for stopping by.

Pam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment